Version 1.4 – Updated 8/3/2022
All customers enter into an agreement to access and use the Carbonetes software-as-a-service offering (“Terms of Service“). The Terms of Service, located at https://test.carbonetes.com/terms/, govern the submission, access to and use of any Customer Data (information submitted through the Carbonetes service, including emails or names for the purpose of logging into the service and receiving service related notifications). Customer Data may include personally identifiable information. The organization (e.g., your employer) that entered into the Terms of Service (the “Customer“) controls the particular instance of the Service and any associated Customer Data.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
More specifically, when you register with our Services as a user, we will collect your name, email address, and password. We also collect Personal Information from you when you subscribe to our mailing lists (either through our website or otherwise) or respond to a survey (whether sent by us or by one of our partners that provides business-related services to us (e.g. SurveyMonkey)). If you make an inquiry through our website, or contact us in any other way, we may keep a copy of your communications with us. For example, if you call us, we may record the phone call for quality and/or reference purposes (e.g. we may record phone interviews with potential candidates applying for positions at Carbonetes); if we wish to record our phone call, we will notify you and obtain your permission before doing so.
We may also collect certain technical information by automatic means when you use our Services: this information is typically the information sent to us by your HTTP header and may include IP address, browser type and configurations, and operating system, the website you visited before visiting our website, and usage data resulting from your use of our website (such as hit and conversion rates). Through our software-as-a-service offering, we automatically collect and aggregate data regarding your use of the Services, such as results of security scans and whether they pass your security policy. We automatically collect certain information on our Services using cookies, web beacons, locally shared objects (sometimes called “flash cookies”), mobile identifiers and similar technologies (“Cookies“).
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We have also implemented certain Google Analytics services, which may categorize Cookie information so that we and third-party service providers can better deliver advertisements that are relevant and useful to you on the Services and various websites across the internet.
We may combine the information Ad Partners collect from you with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you authenticate with your Carbonetes account via a single sign-on method, such as SAML, we will have access to information that authentication provider sends, such as your email address.
We may also allow Ad Partners to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet and in third-party applications.
We may receive information from the third-party authentication provider about you, including your Amazon Web Services (AWS), GitHub, Bitbucket, JIRA, Jenkins, Google, or Docker username and your email address. We are also working closely with other third parties (including, for example, business partners, service providers, sub-contractors in technical and payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and recruitment agencies) and may receive information about you from them. If you use the Platform while working for one of our customers, we will receive information (such as your email address, to create an account for you) from that customer. If you work for an organization, we may receive your name and contact details from partners who identify potential customers for our services (including attendees at events we sponsor).
Information of Minors
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to us or to otherwise use our Services. If we learn that a child under 13 submits personal information to Carbonetes, we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section at the bottom of this Policy.
Do Not Track Signals
We do not currently respond to ‘do not track’ signals and similar settings or mechanisms. It is critical that we be able to quickly respond to any security or operations issues that may occur within our Services; responding to ‘do not track’ signals would inhibit our ability to do so.
Use of Information
Our Use of Your Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including:
● To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Information to respond.
● To create and administer records about any online account that you register with us.
● To develop and provide tools and features. We are constantly striving to improve our Services. We may use your Information to analyze your usage and to improve our Services, such as, regarding our website, to improve the navigation and content.
● For system administration and security, including to investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
● For general business purposes, including to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs), to help us improve the content and functionality of our Services, to better understand our users, and to generally manage our business.
● For recruitment purposes, if you apply for a job with us.
● To manage our website, including administering a contest, promotion, survey, or other website feature.
● To improve our advertising campaigns, primarily to prevent targeting of impressions via third-party channels when they are not relevant.
● To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications, or other news. These are marketing messages, so you can control whether you receive them. We may also send emails for the purpose described at the time of collection, such as a request for a demo or more information, or in response to your account management requests such as password change request instructions.
● To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services. This includes use of your information to support delivery of the Services under a Terms of Service agreement, prevent or address errors, security, or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at a user’s request.
● As required by applicable law, legal process, or regulation.
● For billing, account management and other administrative matters. We may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
Sharing of Information
We will only share your information with third parties under the following circumstances:
● In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, your personal information may be transferred, sold, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction.
● We may also disclose information about you to third parties where we believe it necessary or appropriate under law, for example: (1) to protect or defend our rights, interests, or property; (2) to comply with legal process, judicial orders, or subpoenas; (3) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including for national security and law enforcement purposes; (4) to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services or to enforce our Terms of Service; (5) to protect the vital interests of our users and customers.
We do not sell or trade your Personal Information to third parties.
Data Controller and Data Processor
The information about you that we collect, process and/or use through our Services (including your login information) and the data we keep in our third-party business services accounts (e.g. Pipedrive) is controlled by Carbonetes, Inc. Carbonetes and the Services it provides are hosted and provided outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country. The information that is held by our Ad Partners or other third-party service provider, such as Google Analytics or Pipedrive, we are the processor for such data, such data is always hosted by and remains under the control of such Ad Partner or other third-party service provider.
EEA Resident Rights
For the data that we control, you have the following data protection rights:
● If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” section below.
● In addition, you can object to our processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” section below.
● You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you.
● You can withdraw your consent to have us process your Personal Information at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
● You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you would like to contact us regarding any of the above, please contact us at the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Your Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with rights regarding how your data or personal information is treated. Under the legislation, California residents can choose to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties. Based on the CCPA definition, “sale” refers to data collection for the purpose of creating advertising and other communications. Learn more about CCPA and your privacy rights.
How to opt-out
To be eligible to opt-out, you must be browsing from California.
Transfer of Information to the U.S.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include links to third parties on our websites or in email correspondence. If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of these websites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their privacy policies. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
● Email: privacy@Carbonetes.com; or
● Postal mail: Carbonetes Inc., 814 Marywood Chase, Houston, TX 77079-4217